EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O
THAI CHICKEN PIZZA


This is my version of a wonderful dish that I ordered in a trendy Atlanta restaurant a long time ago. It was really good but too hot for me so I toned it down just a bit. I found a couple of recipes on the Web that claimed to have invented this dish, but it was a chef's signature dish at the place I had it, so I consider this the original version. It is exotic, tasty and simple to make. I sometimes use the Thai Peanut Sauce mix that I find at my local market, because making your own from scratch is time consuming and expensive. I also use the lower fat coconut milk, which doesn't affect the sauce in any way. If you want to make your own peanut sauce, the recipe is at Thai Peanut Sauce.


What You Need
1 Recipe Basic Pizza Dough for a 16 inch pizza or purchased crust
1 Cup peanut sauce
3 boneless chicken breasts*
1 carrot
6 green onions, chopped, green tops included
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
Crushed red pepper, to season individally when served
(*If desired,marinate chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of peanut sauce overnight. This makes a richer dish, but is not necessary. I also think it gives the chicken a weird texture, kind of rubbery. Reserve marinade for later if you use this step.)

Preheat oven to 400° F. Roll out the pizza dough and bake until very lightly browned. Cool slightly before building your pizza. 

Julienne the carrot. Slice green onion. Chop cilantro. Set aside.

Sauté chicken breasts in oil until just brown on both sides. Cut into slices or cubes and stir in a few tablespoons of peanut sauce, set aside. Spread 1/2 cup peanut sauce evenly on crust,leaving a 1/2 inch border Spread chicken evenly over pizza. Sprinkle the onions and carrots on top of that, add raw bean sprouts and cilantro in that order. Drizzle reserved peanut sauce over pizza. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of desired. Bake pizza for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is a light brown. Let cool a bit, slice and serve. 

You can serve with crushed red peppers and more fresh cilantro, for individual tastes. The original version I had was very hot, so I imagine it was intended to be that way. Remember, my version is the toned down one because I am basically a wuss when it comes to really hot foods.

There is also a recipe on this website for making a grilled pizza. Since the main ingredients are precooked in this recipe, it is a good choice for that method.