EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

Who is the Artful Ominvore?

Food is a large part of my life and I have the booty to prove it. 

But all kidding (really?) aside, I truly believe that people don't eat as well as they should, healthwise, because they believe that it is too hard or too time consuming to make wonderful, healthful meals. I am making it my mission to prove just the opposite is true. Since I was a little girl, at my grandmother's side, I have had a fascination with cooking, food preservation, pretty much anything to do with preparing food.  I consider it an art and it has always been a huge creative outlet for me and I love sharing my enthusiasm and experience with anyone with an interest. 


For the last decade, I have worked side by side with my husband, running a certified organic farm in the Piedmont of our native state,  North Carolina. At New Moon Farm we were dedicated to the principle of sustainable agriculture and to the standards of the organic and biodynamic method of agriculture. Our promise and pledge was to maintain the highest standards of seasonal and nature driven production in everything we grew. Helping to educate our customers about the nutrition and value of eating fresh, local, in season and, hopefully, organically grown food has been a large part of what we always considered a large part of our responsibility as providers of food for others. 


We have always aspired to provide information and assistance to anyone interested in the practice and philosophy of organic or sustainable farming methods and self-sufficient, green living. We have also been actively involved in promoting organic anything, off farm sustainability, shopping locally and supporting our own community's artisans,  growers and farmers.



Sadly, in March of 2010, my husband passed away and now I carry on the work that we started together. I am in the process of re-establishing a small organic herb growing business in my hometown, where I returned after Dave died.  By 2011, I hope to have this new venture up and operating.  Until then, I will continue to share my wealth of experience and knowledge of local and heritage (heirloom) food plants, nutrition, recipes and anything else I can think of that is food related and maybe some things that are not.