EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

SUMMER SQUASH FRITTERS


RECIPE #1

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups grated squash
1/4 cup self - rising flour
1/3 cup self - rising cornmeal
1 small onion, chopped
1 egg, beaten
pepper to taste
PREPARATION:
Mix all ingredients together. Spoon out into hot greased frying pan (I use olive oil). Brown both sides. Drain on paper towel.





RECIPE #2
INGREDIENTS:
3/4 pounds squash, about 2 medium, cubed
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, grated
vegetable oil
PREPARATION:
Add squash to saucepan and cover with salted water. Cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash enough squash to make 1 cup. Combine squash and egg and blend well. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, stir well. Add squash mixture and onions, stir until blended. Drop squash mixture by level tablespoon into hot oil. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Makes about 2 dozen.