EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

Butternut Squash Soup with Apples and Curry (love this one!!)

Ingredients:

4 tbl butter or margarine
2 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onions
1 tbl yellow curry powder
1 med -size butternut squash (1 1/2 pounds) peeled, seeded and chopped
2 x tart, green apples, peeled, seeded and chopped
3 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 cup apple juice
Salt and pepper
Sour cream (optional)
Apple slices, for garnish

Melt butter in stock pot. Add onions and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until onions are tender, about 20 minutes.

NOTE: I do this a little differently. I saute the onions, curry and apples in my skillet first, adding a little sea salt and some garlic. I also use only rosemary and little or no marjoram. You can adjust the herbs to your liking.  I also put a pinch of sugar in while sauteeing the onions and apples.  Once everything is cooked, I go on to this next step. Also the hot sauce is optional.

Add squash, apples, chicken broth, hot pepper sauce, salt, marjoram and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until squash and apples are tender, about 25 minutes.

In several batches, puree soup in food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth. (Return pureed soup to stock pot and add apple juice. NOTE: I have an emersion blender that is heat resistant and I find that is a lot easier to use for this part because you don't have to take the soup out of the pot and risk being scalded pouring it back and forth. ) Heat through, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.

Garnish soup with dollop of sour cream, if desired.  Personally,  I just put a splash of heavy cream or vanilla soy milk in each bowl when serving it.  You can vary this soup just about anyway you like....long as the basics are there.