EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

The Artful Omnivores Green ABC's - Bau Sin (Chinese Mustard)

Bau-Sin is a broad-leaved Heading mustard with thick and broad stalks. This mild, sweet Indian mustard possesses glossy, golden green leaves with a trace of red veining. The leaves are fine for salads, and are high in pro-vitamin A and C. Plants mature to a beautifully folded heart prior to bolting and may even form a head in cold weather. Stems of bolting plants are sweet, crisp and tender, although it may become bitter if overgrown. Seeds are sown in late summer for harvest in late fall and early winter. Bau-Sin is very popular in Taiwan and southern China.


Nutritional data available here.