EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

Veggie Pizza with White Sauce: Pictorial Beginning to End

Since this is a blog about cooking and food, I thought I would post some pictures of something that I actually made.  There are links to the whole wheat pizza crust, the Alfredo Sauce, etc. in the text below the pictures, just click on the green letters. I also grew the peppers, the broccoli, the spinach and the garlic used for this pizza.  (Any of the ingredients that are in all CAPS as you scroll down are links to the recipe or instructions for that particular ingredient. Each has a link back to this page.)

The beginning: A homemade, WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA CRUST that has been generously slathered with my own personal version of ALFREDO SAUCE. (Oops! Sorry the color is a little off...I forgot to put the flash on for this first pic. The rest of them really look like the pizza.)






Next: Very large chunks of portabello mushrooms and pickled artichoke hearts. 

Next: Broccoli florets and fresh spinach. Broccoli is lightly steamed, as is the spinach. 
Next: More Broccoli and Red Peppers
Next: More Alfredo Sauce and more ROASTED RED PEPPERS  I also added grated fresh garlic after the previous step but it is obscured by the other veggies. This is the only point where there is any cheese applied.  I used just a bit of Mozerella and some more of the parm that was grated to go into the Alfredo Sauce.  This is a really substantial "white" veggie pizza and it is FABULOUS!


Voila!  Baked and ready to eat!

I chose this particular combination of veggies because I chose to use the white Alfredo Sauce, instead of my customary tomato based pizza sauce, which I also make myself.  Here is a picture of it bubbling in the pot. This much will  make a bunch of pizzas (This batch is going to be canned for winter usage.)