EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O
I don't know how many of you make homemade Christmas gifts (or other celebratory gifts) but I think that when someone puts in their time, effort and love into a handmade gift, it means so much. After all, to paraphrase Lennon and McCartney, "The love you take is equal to the love you make." I'm not sure they exactly meant cookies at holidays, but you get my drift.

I love making gifts of food items that you normally don't see, even in gourmet stores. There are literally thousands of things you can make, inexpensively or not, difficult or easy, especially if you are going to make them with your kids. That is also a great reason to make special edible items, or anything else for that matter, as gifts for others. You can teach your little ones great lessons in generosity and caring when you take the time to make gifts for others with them.

The recipes I posted here at The Artful Ominvore are some that I particularly like and are included here to get your creative juices flowing with ideas. If you are going to make gifts,take the time to start planning and getting them done in plenty of time. Late summer is a great time to make many preserved foods, because that is the season when fresh fruits and vegetables are still plentiful and in season. It is so much nicer to be able to spend holidays at home, enjoying family and friends than to be stressed with last minute gift buying. Plus you will probably save a ton of money that you can use for something more constructive.

Of course, you don't have to make these tasty treats for holiday giving. You might want to make them for your own pleasure during the winter months. Imagine how much fun you can have serving "Drunken Cranberry Sauce" with Thanksgiving dinner or opening a jar of homemade Cantaloupe Jelly in January.

Recipes for these delights and others here at this blog.  Enjoy!