EXCUSE THE MESS!!!

Please excuse the clutter here at the blog right now. I am in the process of redesigning it for easier access so please bear with me. Most of the old recipes are still here (for my old followers) and I am working on a complete new format, which I hope will make it easy to find stuff quickly.

Remember if a recipe has the letters T-A-O attached to it anywhere, it is one of my personal exclusives.

Thanks!!!

T~A~O

Hum-Hum-Hummus

Of course, I just dump the stuff in til it tastes like I want it to but here is the basic recipe if you haven't made hummus before.  It is good and good for you.  

1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste) If you want to you can leave this out completely. I usually don't have a fresh lemon and that reconstituted stuff is horrendous in this recipe
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini ( I make my own...I always have raw sesame seeds in the freezer. Put seeds, a little olive oil and sea salt in the Magic Bullet or you can do it with a mortar and pestle just takes longer. Crush into a paste....it would take about twice the measure of seeds to make the 1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini called for in this recipe)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I put 3)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil ( I put a little more to make it a bit creamier)

The Prep:
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth. 

Traditional serving method:
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus. Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional). Serve with flat bread triangles that have been heated or toasted. 

I also make this in different flavors. Try adding add a little sweet yellow curry powder to it or roasted red sweet peppers, pureed and then added. Just a sprinkle of cayenne or other spicy pepper is good, too.  Not traditional but delicious!